Saturday, May 3, 2008

home sweet home

well, they don´t exactly say that here but oh well. my site is gorgeous. and the people are amazing. im living about 10 miles north of Ciudad Quesada but it takes about an hour to get there on the bus. my town is full of trees and green, lots of cows, tons of people, and lots to do. i cant post pictures right now because im at the slow internet but when i can, i will. and you´ll see how amazing it actually is.
my host family is great too. i will be living with a 43 year old woman and her 94 (!) year old mother. they are both super nice. also, one of the mom´s many sisters lives right below us and has 6 kids. and they all live within a minute radius of the house. so there are tons of people to hang out with... and tons of kids!
it is a pretty developed small town with electricity, running water, a mini store, church, common room with a basketball court and soccor field, a place for meetings and parties, a bar, and thats about it. there are 2 rivers that run through the town with some good swimming options and some of those wlaking bridges that you can shake as you cross called macas.

so i am back in my training site and will be here until May 16th, which is our swearing in ceremony. its unclear exactly what happens after that but, on May 19th, i think, i move to my new site. so until then, you can use the same phone number to reach me. i also have a new address at my new site:

Emily Fisk Haimowitz (it has to match the name on my passport...well maybe it doesnt but better safe than sorry)
Apartado 105-4400
21001/4400
Ciudad Quesada
Costa Rica

so keep on sending lots of mail and packages. its super appreciated. also, thanks so much for all the birthday wishes. i had a really good few days celebrating my birthday with my new host family, old host family, PCVs, and my Tico friends. and it was also so great to hear from so many of you all. and i can´t wait to hear from you all again!

No comments: