Friday, May 9, 2008

just to make you jealous....

here are some photos of where i´ll be living, some birthday festivities, and peace corps training fun. i cant believe its almost over. at this time next week, i will just have been sworn in as a peace corps volunteer. nuts!





this is the soccor field at my new site. my house is just on the other side of it, too.



thats volcan arenal in the left corner. as you can see, i have a perfect view of it from my site.



here is a picture from a trip to the river during my visit. i went with these two young girls and my host mom.



this is called a maca or puente de amaca. its one of those foot bridges that shake when you walk on them. its sooo fun. when you all come to visit, ill take you here!



here´s a picture from my surprise birthday party that my tico friends and rio conejo friends threw for me. here i am hitting the elmo piñata they got me.

look how great megan is and the wonderful cake she made me for my birthday.

here we are perfecting the kareoke skills we have all learned over the last few months. this is from one of our rcd parties...

this is the group of costa ricans that i, and the others from rio conejo, have been hanging out with. this is the night of my birthday. we went to a bar to watch a soccor game and celebrate.

here victoria saved my life with a bagel recipe. and it was soooo good. so good thing i dont have to go 2 years without bagels. im not sure if i would have made it then....

more to come....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your bagel making is so awesome...you're going to have something to teach me when you get back!

Unknown said...

i love the pinata too, so much fun!