Saturday, April 19, 2008

i know where i´m going to be living!!!

site assignment day was yesterday! here are a few of the many picture we took. i got placed in a small town of about 500 people not too far from a pretty popular tourist destination. im really excited to go visit it next weekend...ill be there from april 25th to the 30th. so yes, ill be able to celebrate part of my birthday with my new host family.

i really dont know too much else about my site right now but will definitely post more when i get back from my site visit!

here we are anxiously awaiting our fates. this is from yesterday, site assignment day. its this really fun day where we go to a country club like place with a hot tub and pool! all 53 of us sat in this big room as they told us, one by one, where we will be living.

ok, so we were a litttttle excited about getting our site assignments. we get to go visit our new sites this coming weekend!

so this is where i´m going to be living. up north, about 4 hours from san jose in a small town. ill be pretty close to volcan arenal and lake arenal. look at up. and then get excited to come visit me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so when i was flying down to bolivia, i thought, im almost flying over emily! Its awesome things are going well so far. your pictures reminded me of bolivia.

have fun, so some good, and avoid all those fun tropical diseases.

~dave thomas

Anonymous said...

Cara Emily,
¡Feliz Cumpleaños!

I love reading your blog and learning about all your grand adventures (at least the ones you make public)! I kvell the same as if you were my own daughter!

¡Que tengas un buen dìa!

Love from a faraway fan,
Carolyn