Sunday, April 19, 2009

moving on

hey all! im here in san jose for a peace corps dinner with all volunteers. we had a really great time and now im taking advantage of internet time :) any way, we just found out that we got our grant money for a playground! so in a few weeks, look out for some awesome pictures of that. its going to be from wood and we are planning to put benches and tables and a jardin and the whole shabang.
another construction project in my town is.... my new house! my counterpart organization is fixing up this little house for me and i'm going to live on my own for my second year. im really excited to just have a change, a new little challenge, and have my own little place. i think it's gonna be real great to be able to have my friends from town over for cafecito or to chill. the kids are all super excited too to have a place to hang out. and im going to have to be an adult again and cook and clean. the people in my town are so excited to see me doing oficios, or the household cleaning and cooking stuff. anyway, thats my big update. aaand, check out this little girl...



she's going to be keeping me company in my new place :)

anyway, i will get some pictures up soon when i have my place, of the playground, etc. cant wait to hear how you all are doing!

No comments: